STAF Arma3Sync Mod set V2

• Hey guys,

okay... V2 is probably a lie but lets just get into the topic.

Last Week I announced that I want to rework our mod set. The reason is, that we continue encounter issues on our server and I want to do something about that. A reorganization of our mods seems to be a good part. With the reorganization we achieved a more modular, cleaner and clearer list of mods. One downside of this is that you don't launch one mod containing many individual mods anymore, but all those individual mods separately. This can, especially in the beginning, lead to issues because there might be that one mod a member didn't load. Analysing these issues will be a bit trickier. However, I did my best to make it as simple as possible.

Before the Modlist looked like this:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Now it looks like this:

Note the two extra folders inside STAF Main. These folders include the individual mods that used to be in "@STAF_Misc" and "@STAF_PMC". Here is a Screenshot of how it looks with "STAF PMC" opened:

Without further specified by the Game Master / Zeus / Mission Creator you'll just launch all these Mods during a normal PMC mission. This is how a usual Modset could look like:

You see, it is really not that hard to get used to the changes and I'm sure even the daftest of you will be able to accommodate.

Most of the big mods (CUP and RHS) are untouched and will not redownload. However this Update is still around 20 GB big. Keep that in mind and download it asap.

Aside from that we did use the opportunity to remove some mods from the Modlist. I'll not further specify which mods. Its mostly bloat that was rarely used, where locked behind keybinds nobody used anyway. We did remove some accessory and uniform mods. It can be that a few of your loadouts don't work properly anymore. We are sorry for that, however we tried to only remove those mods we think nobody used. If there is a high demand for a specific uniform mod then let me know and I'll look into it. You can hop on the training server to test and modify your loadouts.

The Mod "GRAD Civilians" was moved to "STAF Utilities" and should only be used if ambient civilians are wanted.

Last but not least, we did add a few mods as well. Maybe you can spot which ones don't feel familiar. If you cant...that further proofs our point. ;)

In total we removed 35 Mods and added 5. So we are a total of 30 mods lighter. Nothing much in the grand scheme but a good start.

One last thing. If you have existing missions it can be that this change CAN break them. If that is the case: Contact me, send me the mission and I'll try to fix it.

I hope you like these changes as much as we do. We can be more open about our mod selection, update the mods easier and find troublesome mods quicker. The other Repos will receive these changes as well.....some other day. Let us know what you think of these changes!

Many Greetings
    Moony

• Moony

Approved the thread.